Hi, I’m Sylvia
I Provide Counseling for Adults in Deep Emotional Pain in Oakland
Do you feel lost? Overwhelmed? Like you no longer know who you are? I am here to help you feel whole again. You and I will work together to release the pain of your past and connect with the innate good within you.
Therapy Can Help You Find Your Way
Through empathic attunement and active listening, I help people to find their way out of some of life’s darkest places. I will help you to face your fears, and support you as you develop greater understanding of yourself and others.
Therapy sessions with me will help you:
- Be more accepting of yourself
- Change habits and thought patterns that hold you back
- Develop tools you can use to reduce fear and anxiety
- Get in touch with your inner source of strength and wisdom
Therapy with me can help you change your outlook on your life.
My Professional Background
I have an M.A. in Clinical Psychology from the New College of California and am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with over fifteen years of clinical experience. In addition to providing individual and group therapy focusing on depression, relationship challenges and pet loss, I have counseled clients at Berkeley Mental Health, Hospice by the Bay, and Girls Inc. I've also worked extensively with young adults who are neurodivergent and on the Autism Spectrum, and I am trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy, which is a central modality in my couples therapy work.
I am a member of several clinical and professional organizations, including the following:
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- East Bay California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (EB-CAMFT)
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Northern California Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy (NCCEFT)
How I Can Help
If you’re feeling lost and overwhelmed, reach out for your 20-minute free phone consultation. During the call, we will talk about your needs, address any questions you may have, and explore how I can be of help. Please don’t hesitate to call me at (415) 341-4905.