“I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.”
― Brené Brown
Therapy for Relationships
Helping Clients Feel More Fulfilled in Their Relationships
Are you ashamed of the person you have become to your partner? Does it seem like every little thing irritates you? Do you withdraw and close yourself off from intimacy? Many people discover that, despite their best intentions, the love in their relationships has been replaced by mistrust, resentment and defensiveness.
Here Are Some Specific Challenges I Can Help You With
As a lonely partner in a relationship, you may be feeling:
- Sad when you wake up next to your partner and no longer feel a connection
- Angry that you are no longer able to work out your differences
- Frustrated at how difficult it is to talk honestly and openly with your partner
- Afraid that you will end up alone
- Overwhelmed by the work that fixing your relationship would take
If this is what you are experiencing, therapy can help.
As Your Therapist, I Can Help You Repair What's Been Broken
I'm Sylvia, and as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I can help you understand what's missing in your relationship and find love and connection again.
I specialize in helping individuals work through their relationship challenges and sometimes refer my clients for couples therapy when appropriate. But in many cases, people facing relationship challenges can benefit from individual therapy. In this context, they have a safe space to talk openly and process their feelings.
As an individual therapist specializing in relationship issues, I have helped many people to rediscover what they find most meaningful about their partner. The clients I see appreciate my warm and accepting presence.
Relationship counseling can provide the support you need to find your way towards a better life. Even if you’re feeling lost now, I can help you to:
- Feel more accepting and patient with your partner
- Learn to express your needs in a kind but clear manner
- Remember the many reasons why you first wanted to be with your partner
- Rekindle desire and intimacy
- Rebuild trust
Relationships are not easy, but help is available. I would welcome the chance to work with you.